If you give a mom a muffin,
She'll want a cup of coffee to go with it.
She'll pour herself some.
The coffee will get spilled by her three year old.
She'll wipe it up.
Wiping the floor, she will find some dirty socks.
She'll remember she has to do some laundry.
When she puts the laundry in the washer,
she'll trip over some snow boots and bump into the
Bumping into the freezer will remind her that she
has to plan supper for tonight.
She will get out a pound of hamburger. She'll look for her cookbook. (101Things to Make With a Pound of Hamburger.)
The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail.
She will see the phone bill which is due tomorrow.
She will look for her checkbook.
The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped
out by her two year old.
She'll smell something funny. She'll change the two year old.
While she is changing the two year old the phone
will ring. (Of course!) Her five year old will answer it and hang up.
She remembers that she wants to phone a friend to
come over for coffee on Friday.
Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was
going to have a cup.
She will pour herself some.
And chances are,
If she has a cup of coffee,
Her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it.
Taken from this Blogsite: AN AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
If you give a mom a muffin,
You Are a Boston Creme Donut
You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you.
But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.
You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily.
You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and pout if it's sold out.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz
Will that pay for my Plot?
What does this say about Me?
Honestly, I have a drink in Months? Maybe even in 6 months? No Really I don't drink that much (anymore).
Monday, February 4, 2008
Sandra Lee- Slow Cooker Recipes Cookbook
1 lb Red Potatoes, cut into wedges
8 oz of baby carrots
1 package (8-ounce) pre-sliced mushrooms
1 Onion cut into wedges
2 ribs of Celery
3 pounds of Beef Chuck Roast
1 can Beef Broth
1 can Mushroom Gravy
1 packet slow cooker beef stew seasoning mix
In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots, mushroom, onion, and celery. Place roast on top of vegetables.
In a medium bowl, stir together beef broth, gravy, and beef stew seasoning mix. Pour over roast.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
After hearing about these 13 Virtues of Benjamin Franklin, it made me wonder I felt was important in how I acted or thought of my self or even excepted of others.
Temperance:Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation
Silence:Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversations
Order:Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time
Resolution:Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve
Frugality:Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; that is, waste nothing
Industry:Lose not time; be always employed in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions
Sincerity:Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly; speak accordingly
Justice:Wrong none by doing injuries or omitting the benefits that are your duty
Moderation:Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think you deserve
Cleanliness:Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, clothes or habitation
Tranquility:Be not disturbed at trifles or accidents common or unavoidable
Chastity:Rarely use venery but for health or offspring; never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation
Humility:Imitate Jesus and Socrates
1. I, (name of person), will (verb) every day at the gym for at least (number) minutes.
2. At the dinner table, I will eat only (number) servings of (noun).
3. I will watch only (adjective) television shows.
4. I will tell (name of person) that I think he/she is a (adjective) (noun).
5. I will ask my boss for a (number)-dollar raise.
6. I will admit that I have a (adjective) personality.
7. I will take my (noun) to (noun) at least once a month.
8. I will (verb) one book every (number) weeks.
9. I will try to lose at least (number) pounds.
10. I will return the (adjective) (plural noun) I borrowed from (name of person).
11. I will get on a (noun) and only spend (number) dollars a month.
MY Mad Lib:
1. I, Weird Al, will SING every day at the gym for at least 5.722223 minutes.
2. At the dinner table, I will eat only ONE servings of HALEY'S FROG LEGS.
3. I will watch only CRAFTY television shows.
4. I will tell Rachel Ray that I think he/she is a Naughty Little Cook.
5. I will ask my boss/Craig for a Zillon dollar raise.
6. I will admit that I have a Mobile personality. ( It comes and it Goes )
7. I will take Kids to Pound at least once a month.
8. I will frisk one book every 100 weeks.
9. I will try to lose at least 450 pounds. ( Over my Lifetime.)
10. I will return the Yellow Corncob I borrowed from You know How.
11. I will get on a SOAPBOX and only spend SOMEONE ELSES dollars a month.
IF YOU SEND ME YOUR ANSWERS I WILL POST THEM HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE!
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car)
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie)
3. YOUR "FLY Guy/Girl" NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name)
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Lee Leavenworth
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first)
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd favorite color, favorite drink put "The")
Blue "The" Coke
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers)
9.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother's & father's middle names ) Leigh Jefferson